Sunday, September 10, 2006

Soccer update

Very interesting goings on in the local soccer world.

1) We currently have practices on Wed / Fri nights
2) We have games on Sat / Sun mornings-afternoons

One could ask themselves, how can you have decent practice on Friday and not be too tired to play on Saturday? I ask myself this very question.

The kids had a good practice on Friday night, then tried to play hard on Saturday morning. They played pretty good overall, but seemed sluggish and unable to play hard. I think it is time that I suggest to the head coach (I am assistant only) that we should rethink our practice strategy in order to give the kids the best in coaching as well as enough rest to play games effectively.

Today is another game, we will see how it goes. Maybe yesterday was a fluke.