Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Labor Day Weekend

Overall this was not too bad of a long weekend, I would have rather been camping.. but no-go this time around as we planned a bit too late and all the campgrounds in California were totally booked up.

We did get to see my 91 yr old Grandmother though, the whole family enjoys the time spent with her, which isn't often now that she lives about 2 hours away. :-(

Today, I am going to work from home in the AM, then off to the local office, no need to drive all the way down to SJ today. I have several papers and such that I need to catch up on so this works out quite well today.

This week, while short.. should be very action packed as way too many things are "popping off" at work at this time.

Almost forgot! I took the kids to the range this weekend and man are they getting good. My son used to be only interested in shooting the scoped .22. But I have been working with him to show him how to use iron sites on a shorter "kids" .22.
This weekend, he almost exclusively wanted to shoot iron sites! When he saw that he was able to shoot better with iron sites, than most of the adults using scopes on the 50 yrd range (unsure why they would do that other than sighting in the rifle, but some were at it all day!) that sealed the deal for him.
My daughter was having fun with the scoped .22 and she was doing very well, she is very receptive to the coaching and is really intense when shooting. The intensity in concentration for both of them, grows each time we get out there.

Happy Tuesday..